Introducing Trade Watch – a must-have enhancement for any trader. Trade Watch will alert you whenever the Opened Positions or Closed Positions table are updated with new entries.
Do you want to be emailed every time you make a trade? Tired of creating new instances of the built-in Watch Trade signal every time you do make a trade? If so then Trade Watch is for you. You only need to create one instance of this signal and it will watch all trade activity!
Want to only send alerts for a particular symbol or trades opened and closed on a specific account, no problems! Not interested in Opened trades and only want alerts for Closed trades – no problems! Trade Watch allows you to easily configure any of these options.
It does not matter how the trade is opened or closed – you manually, via an automated strategy, or closed via a stop or limit order – Trade Watch will know and it will let you know within seconds.
Types of alerts supported by Trade Watch are:
- Popup Messages
- Sound Alerts
- Recurring Sound Alerts until the user actions them (right click on the Alerts tab)
Opened Trade Alert Details
Opened trade alerts will contain the following trade information:
- Trade ID
- Open Price
- Stop Price (only applicable to Non-FIFO accounts)
- Limit Price (only applicable to Non-FIFO accounts)
- Open Time
- Open Time (UTC)
Closed Trade Alert Details
Closed trade alerts will contain the following trade information:
- Trade ID
- Gross PnL
- Open Price
- Close Price
- Close Time
- Close Time (UTC)
- Watch Opened Trades – If yes, sends alert for opened trades. If no, ignores opened trades.
- Watch Closed Trades – If yes, sends alert for closed trades. If no, ignores closed trades.
- Symbol Filter – If yes, will only watch trade activity for the chosen symbol.
- Account Filter – If yes, will only send trade alerts for trades on the selected account.
- Account – The account to watch if Account Filter is enabled.
- Prefix – A custom prefix to use in the alerts and emails.
- Show alert – Show an Alert Message when there is an update
- Play sound – Play the configured alert sound when there is an update
- Recurrent – Keep playing the sound, multiple times, until the user takes a look at the message.
- Sound file – The alert sound to play
- Send e-mail – Send an email when there is an update
- E-mail address – The email address to send the email to
- Alerts will appear as below.
- Email body will be the same as the alert message below.
Trade Watch strategy logs whenever an email is sent successfully or unsuccessfully to the Logs tab in the Events window in MarketScope. In the event of an unsuccessful attempt, the message should indicate the problem. Below are examples of successful and unsuccessful emails.
Success: An e-mail with notification has been successfully sent to ‘email@example.com’, subject: ‘Trade Watch: Trade Closed at 2013/12/12 20:13:58 (EUR/NZD:17786821) Gross 95.61’. 12/12/2013 20:14:01
Unsuccessful: Failed to send an email with notification to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’, subject: ‘Trade Watch: Trade Closed at 2013/12/13 14:36:01 (GBP/JPY:17589221) Gross 132.60’. Details:Failed to connect to the SMTP server. Please make sure that the SMTP server address is specified correctly in Strategies Options. 12/13/2013 14:36:03
In the above example, the SMTP server was temporarily not contactable/unavailable. This problem is outside the control of The Watch strategy and resolved itself.
This add-on was developed exclusively by MooMooForex. Additional reading may be found inside the Research blog.